Friday 26 December 2014

The Best Gifts Come From Estonia!

Call me biased, I don't mind, but gifts from Estonia are definitely my favourite! I'm always on the lookout for interesting new things each time I visit Estonia and I'm never disappointed. During my recent trip I found a few more delights in Tallinn that I naturally couldn't resist taking home with me! 

I simply adore this Estonian folk tea towel. It's so cute!
I'm not sure if I'm going to use it for its intended purpose or use it as a wall hanging decoration. It can work either way!

 
I tried Vana Tallinn Glögi for the first time this year. I bought a bottle at Tallinn Airport on my way home and planned to save it for Christmas but unfortunately it didn't turn out that way. I gave in to temptation and consumed it weeks before the big day! Shame on me!
  
This Song Festival colouring book caught my attention at the airport. I really like the designs!

Two of the newest additions to my home - my new Singer sewing machine and fabric from the Estonian village of Nõo where my family are from. With so many creative ideas swimming around in my head, I simply can't wait to get started and wear this fabric with pride! I think it is absolutely wonderful that Estonia has these national costume fabrics where each village has it own unique design.  All Estonians know just how important it is to stay connected to our roots.